Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Mantel 2012

Another 'Summer' has passed us by and the time has come to welcome 'Fall'.
Autumn in New England brings cold nights and fields filled with their final harvests.
 A peaceful walk in the yard provided me with a bounty of natural elements to use on the mantel.
My 'Million Bells' hanger bloomed most of the summer in this galvanized basket. I decided to reuse it to greet the new season with a simple gathering of pine cones.
I have a thing for vintage metal tools and parts and I like to find different ways to display them.
Their worn surfaces whisper to me about their well used past and the hands that once guided them.

I found this weathered wood architectural molding at one of my favorite antique stores. The shop is called  'Log Cabin Antiques' and the owner 'Lynn' is just the sweetest person. Her shop is filled with wonderful and unique barn finds and antiques. Be sure to visit her shop if you are ever in the area.
I am of the mindset that small details make a big difference.
 This wonderful antique tool box was a Christmas gift for my husband several years ago.
The paint is 'chipped' perfection.
 Only time can create this perfect patina.
Another find from 'Log Cabin Antiques' - a little lantern that looked right at home hanging from our antique wagon steps. 
This is my favorite time of year!  Fall has arrived in New England and I am savoring every moment and  hope you are as well.

Linking up to the following parties:
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Fall is here in full force here in Southwestern Ontario and quite chilly to . Some parts of northern Ontario already had snow on the weekend ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I don't think I ever noticed the little cubby under the mantel before! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is so pretty and just full of character and interest! I love the use of vintage metal tools!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the kind comments! I enjoyed browsing your blog and see that we share a mutual affection for old, vintage treasures! ~Now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all types of mantels. Your mantel is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from Wos Us Wednesday and am happy to follow your blog journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pine cones in the basket and the white pumpkins. Found you at DIY showoff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mantel. It would be perfect for my mantel at the farm. Thanks for the inspiration, will have to decorate it next year. Thanks again for coming by my blog. New follower, will check out your Pinterest too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the vintage elements you used in your fall mantel. So clever.

    And that toolbox is - wow!

    I think some of my favorite decorating projects are ones where people use what they already have and what they can find in their environment. Yours definitely fits that bill.

    Glad you found me via the fall mantel party so I could discover you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mantel! Really great job, thanks for joining my blog. I love to visit, you take such great pic's. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne,

    This looks amazing....so full of texture and life! I love the rustic elements!

    Have a blessed and awesome day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful autumn mantel. It is so tastefully arranged. I have yet to decorte my mantel for Fall...and, yours encourages me to get started.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful mantel decor. The stone of your fireplace is a perfect backdrop. Love your wire basket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos...I love that you can just gather in the yard! Lovely. Love the old vintage junk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to stop here more often!
    I love your rusty metal and weathered wood.
    I do the same for my mantel - with some candles and twine, too.

    I don't have a post for this year...
    But here's last year's Autumn Mantel.
    http://www.cookingatcafed.com/2011/09/easy-autumn-decor.html

    Blessings,
    Dana
    Cooking at Cafe D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top