Saturday, August 29, 2015

Raw Chocolate Walnut Fudge

I may have mentioned before that I have a bit of a sweet tooth and chocolate is a recurring theme with me. Over the years, I have figured out that there is no fighting the urge once it has started and I am much better off treating myself to a small cocoa induced confection and just move on.


Another thing I have learned is that it really doesn't take much to satisfy my craving and that the darker the chocolate the better. Perhaps it is just in my mind, but taking a moment to really savor a small sweet indulgence does the trick for me. I don't need or want anymore than this.


I found this delightful fudge recipe at Oh She Glows. I made it per Angela's recipe, but used special dark cocoa powder for a nice strong flavor and chopped the walnuts much finer. I knew I wanted to cut the fudge in tiny pieces and the larger nuts would have made this difficult.


Gone are the days of cooking fudge on the stove with a candy thermometer and a wing and a prayer - hoping that the finished product would set properly. This no-cook fudge couldn't be easier to make and it has a smooth velvety texture that mimics the finest chocolates. 


A batch of this creamy deliciousness now stands in my freezer at the ready to satisfy any urges that may come about.

If you would like to make this fudge, find the recipe here. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.



Linking up with the following blogs:





Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzanne,
    Thanks so much for this recipe! I've had bad luck making fudge in the past and I love that this is so simple. I need an emergency supply of chocolate in my freezer too so this is perfect! Funny, as a kid I didn't even like chocolate but started eating it about 10 years ago and now I'm addicted, lol.
    Thanks again - it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top